Collaboration of classic rock photography by Kevin Salk remixed by SEL with his authentic LA street art style.
Artist: Marcel "SEL' Blanco X Kevin Salk
Title: Minor Threat
Edition Details: Archival pigment print on 100% cotton fine art paper, limited edition, signed and numbered in the margin by both artists. Worldwide release of 15 prints as follows:
- 18x24 sheet, edition of 12
- 24x32 sheet, edition of 3
Marcel 'SEL' Blanco Artist Statement: "The raw explosiveness of Punk Rock is something that I have always connected with and I wanted to reflect that in this series of Kevins images. The capture of Ian Mackaye, singer of Minor Threat, in mid scream grabbed my attention and my imagination took it from there. The “X” represents the bands “Straight Edge” philosophy meaning abstinence from alcohol, drugs, nicotine, and in some cases promiscuous sex. It originated as a way for underage kids to gain admission to 21+ club to see their favorite bands. Since they didn’t want to drink an agreement with the club owners was made that they would be allowed in if they place the X on their hand so they would be easy to sport and not be severed alcohol. From there it took off and Straight Edge kids within the punk scene would mark themselves with the “X” to identify themselves."
- Street Art
- Signed Limited Edition Print
- Dominate Color:
- Secondary Colors:
- Paper Details:
- 100% cotton archival paper. All of our papers are approved by the European Fine Art Trade Guild and meet rigid standards for their archival rating.
- Frame Details:
- Solid hardwood frames are sourced from managed forests that meet or exceed FSC certification standards. Shadow box style frame with premium plexiglass.